Monday, July 7, 2008

A new birthday






Well, Logan Lee Hobson was born on June 20th at Round Rock Medical Center. He weighed 8lbs 6ozs and was 20.5 inches long. I went in for a scheduled induction at 10pm on June the 19th. Isn't that a weird time?? The doctor wanted to do a cervidil induction instead of pitocin due to the size of Logan and his mommy. The nurse assured us that I would most likely not start laboring and they would most likely have to start pitocin in the morning. So she convinced me to take a sleeping pill. Well, the cervidil was placed at 11pm and by 2:30 am I was wandering where that anesthesiologist was!! So cervidil worked just like the textbook says on me!! I had dilated from a 2 to a five during that time and was a 8 by 6am. It took a couple of hours to get those last 2 centimeters!! Labor wasn't all that bad and was wonderful after I got that epidural! I started pushing at 10:00am and Logan was born at 10:42. It was such an awesome and spiritual experience. My husband, mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law were all present during the birth. I am so glad they all got to share the experience with me!



No comments: